Holiday rental villas in Asturias, Spain
There are a large number of holiday rental villas in Asturias. (They are often known as casa rusticas.) Most Asturian rental villas (or houses) are in scenic locations outside the main cities (e.g. near Covadonga, Cangas de Onis, etc), but you will also find holiday homes for rent near the main Asturian cities like Gijon, Aviles and Oviedo. Most Companies offering "rental villas in Spain" will have a section covering Asturias, but you will need to search their websites to find them.
Asturias does have a good selection of holiday rental villas covering many Asturian areas and you will find different styles of villas from rustic houses to modern chalets.
For some additional tips on what to look for when renting a villa in northern Spain, see the information further down this page.
The most popular villa destinations in Asturias tend to be in the scenic green Picos de Europa area around towns like Covadonga and Cangas de Onis.
Tips for renting a holiday villa in Asturias or green Spain
- Think about your desired location in Spain and the time of year. Prices escalate rapidly in late July and the month of August, especially around the Picos de Europa mountains of Asturias.
- Look for villas in the popular towns (e.g Covandonga, Cangas de Onis), where all the shopping facilities you require are readily available. You do not want to be isolated.
- Check with the villa owner or company for ease of motor access and to see if the route to the villa is street illuminated at night. Much of rural Asturias has no street lighting.
- Find out if there is a local English speaking contact in the event of an emergency, or any problem.
- Check out the location of the villa in relation to the places in Asturias that you want to visit. Do you want to be on the coast or near the Picos mountains?
- Do you have any special requirements for the accommodation (or its access) and do you want a “welcome pack” if you arrive too late to do any shopping. Remember, Asturias is not like the 24 hour south of Spain.