Health care

If you are travelling anywhere in Spain (and you are a British citizen) you need to have your "E111" form (now a card) with you. You can obtain this from a Post office and it entitles you to the same health cover in most EU countries that you would get in the UK.

Most holiday makers also (or alternatively) opt to take out medical health insurance that additionally covers for items (normally) including emergency transport home, a stay in a private hospital etc.

Always check for dentistry treatment which is often excluded or very limited on many private health policies.

If you are planning to move to and live in Asturias, then you will pay social security in Spain and this will entitle you to national health cover.

Ensure that any health insurance that you take out covers all eventualities including the cost of transporting you (and if necessary your family) back home.

    Property in Asturias     Hotels & Fincas     Villas & Cottages     Car rental     Flights     Ferries   
Home page

Other services

 Organised tours
 Moving to Asturias
 Contact us
 Partner sites
 Site map

Useful information

 Tourist offices
 Visitor ideas