Car hire in Asturias, Spain
Most of the car hire and car rental companies that you find in other parts of Spain also operate in Asturias. Additionally, most international chains also offer Spanish car rental in Asturias either directly or through their agents. Car hire costs tend to be slightly more expensive in northern Spain than the south of Spain, but you need to search for the best deals.
In Asturias and green Spain generally you still need air-conditioning in the summer months. Also avoid very small engined cars - there are lots of hills.
Make sure that CDW is included in your price and think about adding the daily excess, it gives you piece of mind, it is easy to get a bump!
Check to see that the handbrake (emmergency brake) works when you collect your rental car - you WILL need it when parking on Asturias' hills.
Tips for car rental in Spain
- Make sure your policy has CDW.
- You will need air conditioning in the summer, so make sure that it is on the vehicle's spec.
- On pick up check that your handbrake is tight, you will need it on Asturias' hills.
- Try to get inclusive cover with no local extras, e.g. daily excess charges.
- We recommend that you avoid diesel cars in Asturias, the lesser powered ones can struggle in the hilly terrain – go for unleaded.
- Select the smallest car that you can comfortably get away with. Some of the roads may be narrower than you expect and size (i.e. small) may count.